"On 18 April 1859, William J. bought 82 acres, Lot F (Gore), Con. 8, Ernestown township, Lennox and Addington County, where he farmed for the rest of his life. At first they lived in a one story log cabin before building a new frame one-and-half story house. In later years, the lilac bushes that were planted by the old log home, grew into a large area, running along the lane fence. Big puff balls flourished in their shelter, much to the delight of following generations who feasted upon the harvest of them every year." -Lucy Griffiths.